new year

new year
new year

Monday, April 18, 2011

GOD SAVED ME --- WHAT DO YOU THINK? PART TWO

After graduation I started working as a sales executive. The company gave me a bullet motorcycle for traveling. Once I was going on a tour to Pondicherry. I was riding peacefully and calmly at a steady speed of 50km. After the city limits there is a railway track parallel to the road. As I was riding on this parallel road I was startled by the monstrous sound of a train behind me. Very soon the train caught up with me and when I looked sideways I saw the driver waving and smiling at me. The carriages also started overtaking me and the passengers started shouting, laughing and waving at me. Something snapped in my head. I wanted to show them the power of my bike. After all I had a BULLET. What do they think? I started accelerating. The speed indicator showed that I had accelerated from 50 to 60 to 70 and going up and up.I started to overtake the carriages. I felt like a superman. I screamed, laughed and waved with one hand to the the passengers. When I caught up with the engine driver, I screamed at him, too. The speedometer was nearing 110 and I started overtaking the engine.I was terribly happy I could overtake a speeding train.

Suddenly I found the road taking a sharp turn from the railway track and I could see a narrow bridge over a dried up river bed. Since I can't jam the brake at that speed I started reducing the throttle to slow down the bike. The bridge was located at a sharp curve and I knew I could not negotiate such a curve even though the speed was coming down. I was certain that I and my bike will plunge into the dry river bed which was far below and I will die instantaneously. There was no way to escape this horrible end. I looked at the speedo-meter. It was nearing 70. I desperately tried to turn the bike at a sharp angle. I hit a huge drum filled with sand at the side of the road and came crashing down along with the bike. I had no helmet but my head was not hurt. But I was dazed. I sat up slowly and looked at the bike which lay on the road with petrol dripping from the tank.

My pant had torn near the knees and I could see blood dripping. My shirt was also torn and I could see blood on my elbows. I got up slowly and limped to the bike. I noticed that the crash guard was bent, the accelerater cable and the rear view mirror were broken. I looked at the dry river bed down below with a sigh of relief.I did not plunge into it and die a miserable death.

Again God Almighty put out his hand to save a foolish young man from a certain death and here I am living today to tell you the story.

18 comments:

  1. Oh Mr Joseph thank God you were saved from a major accident. God 's angels are ever around us.

    I am sure you were very careful after that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph Sir,

    GOD SAVED YOU

    I had a incident in last year. While traveling in steep descent road with sharp curve ( a high range road), i can't control my speed and collide with another bike. We both fell down in the road. Both of them affected with injuries in hand, leg and chest. God saved me ....

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. A most inspiring post Joseph, I enjoyed the read which was so wonderfully written as usual.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...easy to let a little fun get way out of hand...and put the throttle down just to feel the wind in our hair...glad you walked away from that one joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a lesson to be learned there, Joseph. Yes, the good Lord was with you that day. He was keeping an eye on me today, two lines of cars were just speeding up to cross the traffic lights when one driver decided to change lanes, at speed, without indicating or even looking to see if anything was in his way. Thank God my brakes were in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joseph, excellent testimony to the hand of God intervine. I can see there was a greater vision for you than dead in a ditch. You are a blessing and inspiration to my life. Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Joseph, many of us have been saved from many a death by His loving hand for the simple reason that our time has not yet come. I had a more gruesome one and to this day I still ask why, why, why was I saved???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joseph! Interesting story!!

    Sorry for the absence, but one week off means three weeks busy to recover... Blogtrotter Two is around the canals of Amsterdam... Enjoy and have a wonderful Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like God really came to your rescue
    I am sure you thank God for every living day.Happy Easter to you and your family. An apt blog for this time of the year, for like Jesus, you too were literally brought back to life, to do the things that you were meant to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness Joseph! Reading your story made me happy to have poison Ivy! Thank God you were alright and still alive!
    And thank you for your visit to my blog today. You told a very interesting story!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joseph, incredible story! luv it!
    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blessings my friend. I hope life is treating you kind and you being kind to yourself.

    Yes you were saved, indeed.

    It's been a while since I'VE seen you via your comments and points of view on things by my space. I hope you are well. Namaste to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Joseph,
    There is an award waiting for you in my blog, can you come and collect it?
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hii Joseph.. firstly I woud liek to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me that wonderful comment. I just read this blog and I really liked it. You are right God indeed saved you. God is always looking down at us and sometimes we forget him,, forget to thank him and he does something to test our faith and when we pray.. he answers... his way of telling us "Hey I'm looking at you." lol. I am glad he saved you and t hat you wrote about it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that is a memory with a happy (at least by contrast with what could have been) ending. It scares me to realize that children & young adults learn by experience ... but it is the way of the world.
    Thank you so much for your nice words on my blog. Now that I've found you I will visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks be to God for His grace and mercy and presence! I'm so GLAD He spared you from a horrible and fearsome death! It was most definitely an act of protective providence that kept you safe. Did the bike run after that? How long did it take you to recover from your injuries?

    Have a great day!

    Warmly,
    Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mel,

    Many,many thanks for taking the time to write comments.

    I somehow managed to make the bike run till the next town and got it fixed. Injuries took a few weeks to heal.

    God bless,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete